Welcome to the official blog of Living the Difference (LTD) 2007. We are the ROCK Ministries, the young people of Tabernacle of Joy. LTD is an annual camp where we experience the closeness of our ROCK family, spiritual refreshing; a time of fun and games and where we meet new friends!
The theme for this year's camp is Stepping Out, Stepping Up, challenging our young people to step out of their comfort zones and pursue their ultimate destinies! We are privileged to have Dave Cutar and John Wolfram as our morning and night speakers respectively. The former is a Youth Pastor/Evangelist from the Philippines and the latter a Missionary to Vietnam.
We invite you to tour this blog and find out more about this event and the people behind it! Go tell your friends about it! We look forward to seeing you at this year's LTD!
Come and be blessed!
Living the Difference 2007 - Stepping Out, Stepping Up
Camp Fee: $135 per person (after 50% subsidy from Tabernacle of Joy)
Sign up by 6th May 2007 to enjoy an early bird discount of $10 and pay only $125!
Camp fee includes 3 nights' accommodation, all meals, camp t-shirt, ferry transfer and use of Ubin Resort facilities (jacuzzi, adventure trails, cycling etc). Cheques should be made payable to: Tabernacle of Joy
Registration is now open! Sign up at www.tabjoy.org/ltd. Limited places only! Please register early to avoid disappointment!
We welcome your feedback and comments to improve this blog at 2007ltd@gmail.com. Visit this blog for regular updates!
God bless you!
LTD 2007 Committee
Welcome to the official blog of Living the Difference (LTD) 2007. We are the ROCK Ministries, the young people of Tabernacle of Joy. LTD is an annual camp where we experience the closeness of our ROCK family, spiritual refreshing; a time of fun and games and where we meet new friends!
The theme for this year's camp is Stepping Out, Stepping Up, challenging our young people to step out of their comfort zones and pursue their ultimate destinies! We are privileged to have Dave Cutar and John Wolfram as our morning and night speakers respectively. The former is a Youth Pastor/Evangelist from the Philippines and the latter a Missionary to Vietnam.
We invite you to tour this blog and find out more about this event and the people behind it! Go tell your friends about it! We look forward to seeing you at this year's LTD!
Come and be blessed!
Living the Difference 2007 - Stepping Out, Stepping Up
Camp Fee: $135 per person (after 50% subsidy from Tabernacle of Joy)
Sign up by 6th May 2007 to enjoy an early bird discount of $10 and pay only $125!
Camp fee includes 3 nights' accommodation, all meals, camp t-shirt, ferry transfer and use of Ubin Resort facilities (jacuzzi, adventure trails, cycling etc). Cheques should be made payable to: Tabernacle of Joy
Registration is now open! Sign up at www.tabjoy.org/ltd. Limited places only! Please register early to avoid disappointment!
We welcome your feedback and comments to improve this blog at 2007ltd@gmail.com. Visit this blog for regular updates!
God bless you!
LTD 2007 Committee
Pictures
Here are some photos from previous camps to whet your appetite! It's going to get better this year! (:
**Please scroll down for snapshots of Pulau Ubin's resort amenities! (:
HEY EVERYONE! Just a shoutout : the post camp video is on its wayyyyy! hang in there ((:
12:30 am
Events
Polls
Committee members
Carol - The Boss
Doesn't like to be photographed..especially alone.
Believes that there is a separate compartment for ice creams in the stomach.
Loves being an Otter.
Naughty kid...stuffed a pepper shaker into cousin's nose once!
Almost left pharmacy profession to sell nasi lemak (b4 holland V show on channel 8) but had to forgo when friend got pregnant!
Always ready for good jokes and pranks (especially if it's played on someone else)
Ate a scorpion before.
Put out fire in a house before.
Loved being in the AV club during PL days cos we could talk and play in the attic while the rest had to "suffer the sermons"
Made to stand throughout most music lessons in school for not being able to read "Tau gay"(musical notes)
Su Fern - The Energizer Bunny
MY NAME IS LEE SU FERN
PEOPLE CALL ME FERN : )
I LOVE TO LAUGH ALOT AND I'M HAPPY ALL THE TIME : )
I AM A TENNIS PLAYER AND LOVE TO PLAY BASICALLY ANY KIND OF SPORTS!
I LOVE TO BE IN THE SUN AND I CANNOT RESIST SHOPPING : )
I LOVE GOD AND YOU (WHOEVER IS READING THIS) : )
Bryan - The full-of-crazy-ideas Gamemaster
Bryan Ong aka Bong is currently serving the nation. He enjoys playing soccer, eating supper and lying on his bed with a hot chocolate and oreo cookies by his side. He contains quite a large amount of lame and humour juices, therefore knowing him will expose you to high risk. Nonetheless, if you wish to lead an adventure life, feel free to call his hotline, or catch him in church on sundays, if he manages not to get any guard duties.
Alvin - The "Indian at heart"
I'm Alvin (a.k.a Alvin Van Der Sar). I really love sports, and am a freak about being healthy albeit eating 2 apples a day and lots of greens. Many people say i look old for my age(16) and the bus conductor has ever called me uncle, tts kinda scary. I love all things Indian and still greatly harbor a hope of being a missionary to India. I love the colour pink, love wearing facial masks, loves finding the cure to pimples. I hope to learn as many languages as I can( it's 6 and counting as of now). Last but not least, I love Jesus because He first loved me.
Cheryl - The Minute-Taker
Chirpy and chatty by nature, loves to smile & make friends within my habitat! ;) Butter-fingers and klutzy am I; passionate and zealous 'bout the King's business,so do I!!
Likes to spend time with me and myself, especially chilling out in a nice cafe,with great coffee and good music;a scenic view is icing on the cake!!
Makes a joyful noise all day long, a whiny sound when things go looney;
Plays the guitar to make merry & soothe the soul, and chats with the Lord to make it all okay!!
And i can't go to sleep without hugging my Pooh-bear pillow!
I love to sing and dance when I'm all ALONE in the house (:
And have a soft spot for cheesecake, dark chocolate and Gelare ice cream on a cone!
Adora - The Bubbly Coordinator
Hello there!!! I'm adora! I'm basically the oldest child among 3 of my siblings..I'm a playful golden retriver..which some of you can see =P ..haha..people always mistake me being older than what i really am..Sometimes for me strangers come and talk to me..which freaks me out everytime..haha..I think i'm also known for my lame jokes..I remembered one of my embrassing moments when i was younger in one of the camps,and It was in the morning and I was so tired and I wasn't sure what I was seeing, so I went to the boys toilet without knowing until I saw boys in there.and i quickly ran out of the place without anyone seeing me....Now I've learn my lesson to check which toilet I'm going!! and I loveee food!! =D
Tee Chin - The Bamboo Stick
Ha ha. Tee chin is me. What i love to do most is to hear the stories of the bible.
Though it may be a bit kidz like stuff, but that's what i am, pals.
I'm the kind of sporty guy, i just like the sun and the rain upon my face. Basketball is my favourite.
Don't be surprised that i'm a great muncher, even though i may look very fit to you.
But i just can't gain any fats. haiz real problem for a man, but that's fine.
God had blessed me with very good appetite.
Many girls do admire my high metabolism.
haha! Geez!
Wen Qi - The "Legend"
My real name is actually tan ke ai, and im only THREE YEARS OLD! i will stay three years old, be it today or five years down the road :P
My behaviour is largely in alignment with a three year old's, I whine, I stomp, I make alot of noise (:
I'm a constant source of entertainment (:
I love watching soccer, 'm a DIE-HARD Manchester United fan, and i cannot live without fooooood (:
I love to run around, it will nvr be hard to try to get me into the sun :D
And you'll never know when i may decide to play a prank on you, or do some really outrageous action (:
But, at the end of it all - i'l nvr be toooo far away to offer a hug or pat to cheer you up! (:
I like to be happy (: I AM YOUR ALL TIME HAPPY SILLY KID!
Charles - The Old Bird
i'm charles but you can call me "the cool-nerd"
I am a quiet person (most of the time anyway)
I enjoy playing computer games all day long and am a night owl.
When I do finally go to sleep I have to leave my music on throughout the night, because if it is too quiet I cant sleep.
I have a habit of talking to myself when nobody is at home. Also because it gets too quiet.
Kheng - The lets-make-everything-a-contest Marketer
You might recognise me as your friendly neighbourhood shutterbug/pest, hiding among the audi's seats and pouncing at every opportunity to capture that ONE snapshot. So the next time round you see me running about during events, please don't siam or be shy!
Here goes... "Training to be soldiers...Fight for our land..."
Well I figured that phrase was something I'd start off with because LTD 2007 is the one major thing which I would have participated in for the year before suffering from acute hair loss.
At the same time, since 2007 is the year of the Harvest, we gotta be constantly fighting for our nation, family and friends' Salvation.
On to the lighter stuffs, I love food, so foodies please drop me a holler. Love cooking because I feel that is is an amazing stress reliever, plus you usually get something to chomp down on after that (provided you don't burn anything).
As you can see I adore food and cooking; and if any of you Rockers want to cook up a storm, please please please come and tell me =).